Terms & Conditions.
Terms & Conditions of ticketing and entry to the Ōtaki-Māori Racing Club and Racecourse.
- Tickets to the Course are issued by Otaki-Maori Racing Club (OMRC) & or their ticketing agent. By entering the Course or receiving a ticket for entry to the Course, you are deemed to have accepted, and understood as binding on you, these conditions and any accompanying risks, obligations and responsibilities. It is your responsibility to read and inform yourself of these conditions.
- If you enter the Course, there is a possibility of an accident causing injury, death or property damage or loss, and you need to be aware that such risks exist. The risks associated with entry to the Course include, but are not limited to, the risk of suffering injury, harm or loss as a result of: temporary structures (such as umbrellas, marquees and gazebos), parts thereof or other debris being dislodged by wind coming into contact with persons, vehicles or structures; incidents involving movement of horses (such as where horses jump or breach fences, railings, barriers or break free – whether being led or ridden or in their stalls – and come into contact with persons, vehicles or structures) or vehicles; or harmful acts (whether intentional or inadvertent) committed by persons (such as intoxicated persons) present at the Course.
- Some areas of the Course are exposed to weather, including direct sunlight and heat, hail, rain and wind. OMRC does not guarantee that there will be sufficient room for you to obtain shelter from such weather.
- Whilst at the Course, you are responsible for your own property. You must not leave bags or possessions unattended at any time. There are no cloaking facilities at the Course for items which are not permitted to be brought into the Course.
- If you breach these conditions, or OMRC (with reasonable cause) so directs, you may: be refused entry to the Course; be evicted from the Course; have your ticket confiscated or cancelled without refund; or be reported to an appropriate law enforcement body. This clause does not limit the right available to OMRC under these conditions or otherwise at law.
- You must comply with any reasonable directions given to you by the OMRC or their authorised representative. OMRC or a person authorised by OMRC may at any time, inspect any vehicle, bag, basket or other receptacle or require the person to be subject to search.
- If you become aware of any incidents, matters or circumstances in contravention of these conditions, or if you have any issues that you wish to bring to OMRC’s attention, you may call via the Wellington racing Club on (04) 528 9611. You should do this as soon as possible so as to assist OMRC to provide you with a helpful response.
- The schedule for an Event (whether published or otherwise) and its proposed format are only provisional and subject to change due to adverse weather conditions or other reasons. OMRC reserves the right to cancel, postpone or relocate Events, change which participants are in an Event or the format of or any other element of an Event or which Events take place on a particular day or the schedule of Events for that day, or arrange a substitute Event. There is no guarantee of viewing any planned participant in an Event or of viewing any particular Event. Subject to any right of a refund or exchange under clause 5 below, OMRC is not liable to you for any losses, costs or damage you suffer or incur as a result of any cancellation, postponement or relocation of an Event, any changes as to which participants are in an Event or in the format of or any other element of an Event or as to which Events take place on a particular day or in the schedule of Events for that day, or the arrangement of a substitute Event.
Members Draw Terms and Conditions
- The members draw will be for a Cash prize specified by the Club should the member successfully select 4 winners on the Raceday subject to the following Term’s and Conditions.
- Members must scan or sign in in on arrival at the course to be eligible to enter.
- Winning Member drawn after a specified race (i.e. Race 2)
- Confirmation of Identity required.
- Member must make selections on 4 of the Races Chosen only.
- Races chosen are final, the member must choose 4 selections out of the selected races. Decision on Races and the number of is the sole responsibility of the Club.
- The 4 winners must be finalised 15 minutes before the first chosen race.
- There can be no change to the selections once finalised.
- If any of the members selections are late scratched after finalisation the return will be subject to the following calculation – Cash Return/ Late Scratching Price.
- If any Non Selected Late Scratching’s occur after finalisation of Selections in any race, this will result in a reduction of final cash prize by the following Calculation - 80/ (RBP x Odds) – See note 1
- Dead Heats will result in a reduction of final Cash Prize by 50% for each Dead Heat occurrence.
- In the case of a full Abandonment before the any of the selected events the member will receive $250, in a partial abandonment the member will receive a collect via the following formula ( $(Club nominated prize value) /the price of selection of any abandoned races)
FINAL FIELD DEDUCTION FORMULA
The nearest whole number percentage, using Swiss Rounding, obtained by Dividing 80 by the product of the number of RBP's multiplied by the Odds for the Race Entrant at the time it was scratched from a Race, provided the Odds are less than or equal to Maximum Deduction Odds = 80/(RBP's x Odds) (Rounded to nearest whole number).
Maximum Deduction Odds shall be $35.00
Example: Where a Race Entrant paying $5.00 to Win and $1.33 for a place (3 RBP's) is Scratched, the Return on successful Final Field Win Bets placed prior to that Scratching will be subject to a deduction of 16% (80/(1 x 5)).
Successful Final Field Place Bets will be subject to a deduction of 20% (80/(3 x 1.33)).